Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: securing X.25 connection

From: Vanja Hrustic <vanja () siamrelay com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 05:13:51

At 11:24 AM 7/30/98 +0800, g wrote:
Hi,

I have a requirement to connect our internal system (IP based) to a data
feed  through a X.25 connection. Any advise on how to secure this X.25
connection?

Many banks (and other 'important' institutions :) are still using x.25
connections for safe data transfers. However, you will need some kind of
end-to-end encryption device (Cylink or others). That will solve your problem.

However, US export laws are very strict (at least, Cylink is US based
company), so take care. Some companies are selling 40+ bit encryption,
but... Ask about 'key escrow/key recovery' and similar 'features' before
buying one :)

Regards,

Vanja Hrustic
Information Systems Manager