Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Mobile Code Security???

From: peter.vaterlaus () swissbank com
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 98 16:19:46 +0200

     Its very unlikely that we will soon get se ure solutions for the
     mentioned types of code.

     What about handling most of the stuff coming from the internet in a
     DMZ on xNixes or NT with multi user application access i.e. WinFrame.

     We would then only have to propagate the GUI thru the firewall and
     could implement any kind of additional security we like in order to
     pass it thru and no access to the internal workstation would be
     possible..

            Internet
               *
               *
     -------------------------
            screening
              host
     -------------------------
               *
               *
     -------------------------
          browser server
        (Unix / WinFrame)
      end of Internet sessions
       start of GUI session
     -------------------------
               *
               *
     -------------------------
            firewall
        GUI session proxy
     -------------------------
               *
               *
        users workstation
        end of GUI session
        winframe client /
            X-server

     I speak here on my own and in no way for my employer

     Peter Vaterlaus
     Security Architect
     Swiss Bank Corporation