Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Filtering on 3Com Switch

From: Andrew M Forster <forster () peg apc org>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:53:13 +0400

We are attempting to config a filter on the UTP port our 3Com switch to
which our External network firewall system connects to.  We are in the
Middle East and the local vendor's technical support has yet to
successfully assist us in this matter.

We are trying to filter out all the netbeui, ipx/spx traffic and only pass
IP traffic onto the Firewalls.  We are running a 3Com Lanplex 6012 with
Hardware revision 01-0B and software revision 04-01-00-00.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

AMF
 Andrew M Forster       [GMT +4]               Email: forster () peg apc org
 Phone: (w) +9712 262556 or (h) +9712 453613