Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SSL IMAP and POP

From: Andreas Haug <ajh () ipc uni-tuebingen de>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 97 16:46:17 +0200

Reading about SSL Proxys, I remember me searching for information on IMAP
and POP over SSL some days ago.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything useful, apart from the port numbers
on which those services should live and a posting by someone who said that
his own tries of having a Netscape Client talk to a patched IMAP server
failed. No draft, no rfc, no useful tech info at Netscape.

Does someone have any information on how IMAP and POP over SSL is
implemented? Are there patches for the freely available packages? Has anyone
succeeded in implementing encrypted mailbox access without using a commercial
server like the one from Netscape?

Thanks for your help.

Andreas.
---
 - ajh () ipc uni-tuebingen de +49 7071 29-76933 fax -6910 ajh () uni-tuebingen de -
 - Inst. of Physical Chemistry @ Auf der Morgenstelle 8 @ D-72076 Tuebingen -
 - Home: me () this net +49 7127 972 454 sMail: Sedanstr.24 @ 72124 Pliezhausen -