Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: hitting the "on" switch

From: "Safier, Adam (GEIS)" <Adam.Safier () geis ge com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 14:39:23 -0400

3 is a problem.  Can you add a network access server (NAS) to be placed
on a DMZ?  Users dial in to that and authenticate at the firewall just
like any internet user.

   Inet------FW----your net

            NAS

2 might be OK if you know who/where you are tunneling to and why.  You
can tunnel IPX over a IP network which might be the only use of 2 and
might be OK - if you trust the servers.

Adam