Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Microsoft NetMeeting 2.0 through Firewall

From: Sandeep_Talwar () notes pw com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 97 10:26:05 EDT

To enable MS NetMeeting2.0 through Firewall the following ports need to be
opened--
  389, 522, 1503, 1720, 1731. This is as per the port numbers given for the
various services used
  in NetMeeting2.0 .
  But besides these do we need to open all ports ie 1025 to 65535 !!!! Becasue
according to
  Microsoft any two are ports are determined on each side ( dynamically ).
  Has someone configured NetMeeting through a firewall ? Checkpoint , Raptor ,
Altavista...
  I mean do any of the Firewalls have some features to handle such protocols ?

  Any pointers would help.

Sandeep Talwar
Consultant
Internet Connectivity