Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

sendmail config.mc for a firewall

From: Bob Van Cleef <vancleef () microunity com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

I'm looking to upgrade sendmail on a firewall system, but I've
not been happy with any of the combinations of options I've put
together in the configuration MC file.

We have a bastion host that acts as a mail relay, both into and
out of our network.  It only sees DNS for the outside world and
a select few inside machines, including the internal "smarthub"
which handles all internal e-mail.

 Internet - [DMZ] - Bastion_Host - [INTERNAL] - Mail_host

I've been able to upgrade internal systems, the mail host, and
other systems on the DMZ, but different tests on the bastion
host have been less than desirable.  Sample .MC files would be
appreciated.

Bob
Bob Van Cleef, Member of Technical Staff         (408) 734-8100
MicroUnity Systems Engineering, Inc.         FAX (408) 734-8136
475 Potrero Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086   vancleef () microunity com