Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

What exactly is a sysadmin/security officers job

From: "Jim Leo" <admin () everett pitt cc nc us>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 17:56:56 EST5EDT

I've really enjoyed the Out-sourcing vs In-house debate thus far.
However, I'm curious, just exactly what do most of the
list-subscribers do when an attempt at intrusion occurs? Exactly what
is classified as an intrusion. Does using any one of the numerous
scanning tools out there (asmodeous, ISS, strobe, etc) constitute an
intrusion attempt, or just 'knob twiddling'? How does one deal with
it. And yes I know about management policy, I'm curious just what
others are doing in the security arena.
Jim Leo
admin () everett pitt cc nc us