Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Security Policy methodologies

From: Bret Watson <lists () bwa net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:55:04

I'm seeking information on any methodologies for developing Security Policies.

Basically, I'm developing a paper of utilising software engineering
techniques to abstract the process and to analyse the result for
completness. I need to know if this has been tried and what other methods
do people use to create the policy document?

I'll sumarise the results and post them to the list as well as posting the
url of the finished paper.

Yours,

Bret Watson
Technical Incursion Countermeasures
Providing the means for your company's self-defense
consulting () bwa net                      http://www.ticm.com/
ph: (+61)(08) 9429 8898(UTC+8 hrs)      fax: (+61)(08) 9429 8800