Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: commercial firewall licencing

From: Linwood Ferguson <ferguson () uvii mag aramark com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 21:58:17 EST

On 12/23/97 jk () stallion ee wrote:

How does TIS Gauntlet count the licences for the 50- and 250-IP addresses,
does it also listen to all the packets it hears or does it trust the
customer not to have more hosts (although Gauntlet 50-user fw is as
expencive as FireWall-1 unlimited module).

I asked some different but related licensing questions about Gauntlet a
bit ago.  At that time the following came through:

From: Frederick M Avolio <avolio () tis com>
Subject: Re: NT Gauntlet vs. BSD Gauntlet, Gauntlet "users"

This is a very good discussion about what is wrong with the wording.  I'm
thinking that I might have come up with the wording, but I don't remember.

Anyway, I will get these things answered for this mailing list in the next
day or so, will specify the intent, and suggest new wording. I think.

Perhaps Mr. Avolio can add your issue to mine, and when he gets time post
some clarification to both.

Thanks in advance if you do!

    - Linwood

Linwood Ferguson                  e-mail: ferguson () mag aramark com
Director, Software Engineering    Voice:  (US) 540/967-0087
ARAMARK Mag & Book Services