Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SAP ITS

From: Arjo Mukherjee <mukherjee () ebo dec com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 19:45:23 +0100

Hi,

Anyone have some exposure to the ITS (internet transaction server) from
SAP?

The end goal is to set it up the A Gate and W Gate on either side of a
firewall.  For this we will have to open up the ports 3200 and possibly
3300.  Can anyone verify which ports need to be opened in the firewall?

At the moment, we have both units on the same network without the
firewall.  We can connect to the W Gate using a browser and we get a
login screen.  However, when we type in a username and password we
always get an error message saying that the user doesn't exist.

I see on the A-Gate machine that the NT process jumps for A-Gate from 0
to 12 or so for a couple of seconds and then goes back to 0.

I am wondering if the A-Gate is communicating with the SAP system, but I
do not know how to verify this.

SAP manuals say that the communication between the A GATE and the SAP
system is using RFC (Remote Function Calls) and DIAG.  Any ideas on how
to trace the communication for these items?  I am trying to set up a
sniffer on the line so that I can see if there is any traffic, but I
cannot seem to find any information on how to trace these SAP specific
items.

I am wondering if the SAP system is having trouble with the encrypted
information being fed to it and thus refuses the connection.

Thanks for any assistance ;-)
Arjo