Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Outsourcing Firewalls/Internet Security count

From: Bennett Todd <bet () rahul net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 04:15:10 -0800

1997-12-08-21:55:43 Alec Muffett:
1997-12-08-15:56:18 Rik Farrow:
The best network security consultants make over $100k a year.

Tell me where, please?

All over Wall St., at least. I wouldn't be surprised if computer
salaries hereabouts are pretty near the highest anywhere. I can think of
several factors driving this:

- Wall St. firms need lots of computer experts, and want the best, and
  there aren't enough people to go around;

- They can afford to pay plenty for people who can do the work;

- Cost-of-living locally is rather higher than in most of the rest of
  the US, and so gives another boost.

If you want to get into the six-figure buckses, just ring up a
headhunter with a big Wall St. presence; my favourite in that category
is Pencom.

-Bennett