Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

You're Invited! IAM Online - August

From: Jeanetta Caligari <jcaligari () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 17:29:44 +0000

Hello everyone,

InCommon has a great trust + security session lined up next week as part of our IAM Online webinar
series<https://www.incommon.org/academy/webinars/> - check it out below and mark the date on your calendar!

Thanks, all! Hope to see you next week.

Secrets, Supply Chains, and Securing Trust in the New Normal

August IAM Online
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
2 pm ET | 1 pm CT | Noon MT | 11 am PT
​​​​​

Trust and security are what we live and breathe in our community. Many will recall the SolarWinds incident from late
2020, and the discussion of “golden tickets” and other downstream impacts that permeated the cybersecurity world. Join
members of the Internet2 Community Architecture Committee for Trust and Identity (CACTI) on August 11th at 2 p.m. US
Eastern Time for an R&E community-focused discussion on impacts and paths forward, including what the community can do
to help itself prevent these types of attacks against our own software, infrastructure, and deployments.

Speakers:

  *   Moderator: Rob Carter, Consultant, IT (Middleware Architecture) – Duke University, CACTI Chair
  *   Nicole Roy, Director of Technology & Strategy, CACTI – InCommon Staff
  *   Matthew Economou, Chief of Identity Products, Research Data and Communication Technologies (RDCT), CACTI Member
  *   Carl Waldbieser, Systems Programmer, Information Technology Services, Lafayette College

Connecting

Our webinars are held once per month at 2 pm ET, 1 pm CT, Noon MT, and 11 am PT.

  *   Slide sharing and audio: Zoom
link<https://www2.internet2.edu/e/66332/JvQVpOQ05hSUVZTkdXSnRRaHpaZz09/dxzzd9/510202552?h=RcaqGwrkVQr8eibauT6qQgck6FszL2f-2mmtoH0Jtfk>
  *   Passcode: 418695
  *   By phone: Dial (US): (301-715-8592<tel:301-715-8592>) or (312) 626-6779<tel:(312)%20626-6779>
  *   Webinar ID: 988 7974 5982
  *   International numbers available:
https://www2.internet2.edu/e/66332/u-bKX4teTZh/dxzzdc/510202552?h=RcaqGwrkVQr8eibauT6qQgck6FszL2f-2mmtoH0Jtfk

About IAM Online

IAM
Online<https://www2.internet2.edu/e/66332/l-66332-2019-09-20-bwbqvx/dxzzdf/510202552?h=RcaqGwrkVQr8eibauT6qQgck6FszL2f-2mmtoH0Jtfk>
 is a monthly online education series brought to you by Internet2’s InCommon community and the EDUCAUSE Higher
Education Information Security Council (HEISC).

Cheers,

Netta Caligari (she/her/hers)

InCommon Community Success Manager

Internet2