Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: kaseya attack

From: Andrew Fleming <afleming () CHEERHOUSE NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 13:24:36 -0500

We use unitrends and when I heard the first thing I thought of was, did
this impact unitrends.  I think Kaseya has largely left unitrends
technology alone since buying unitrends, but I don't know that for sure.
But that would be a real punch in the gut if someone was able to knock out
your backup system and then deploy the ransomware.  I'm very interested to
see what comes out of this.