Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Data Loss Prevention and Microsoft API SIEM Integration

From: "Pardonek, Jim" <jpardonek () LUC EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 19:44:22 +0000

We are working through some issues with our deployment of Microsoft DLP and the ability to get actionable reports from
their Security and Compliance center.  On a recent call with Microsoft, one of the engineers suggested that we look
into the Office 365 Management Activity API and integrate it with our Logrhythm SIEM.  Looking for information if
anyone uses this API for DLP and what sort of actionable alerts they might be seeing out of it.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

James Pardonek, MS, CISSP, CEH, GSNA
Associate Director
Chief Information Security Officer
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road | Chicago, IL  60660

*: (773) 508-6086

Loyola University Chicago will never ask you for your username or password.
For the latest information security news at Loyola, please follow us online,
Twitter: @LUCUISO
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lucuiso/
Our Blog http://blogs.luc.edu/uiso/