Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Doximity contract questions

From: "Burns, Denis" <denis.burns () MED FSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 19:31:47 +0000

If you are on the AAMC CoF, I apologies that you are seeing this again.

Hi all,

So, many organizations who were tempted by the relaxed enforcement and free offerings of Doximity are likely coming
into the new year to find out that they are taking their "free hit of crack" away and want to be paid now.  Our
physicians have been using them w/o authorization and so we are working to secure an appropriate license for continued
(acceptable) use.  Their contract is short and lacking many details (zero data ownership language) and their BAA is
incredibly one sided.  They make it clear that they will never return of destroy any data you give them and they claim
rights to do with it as they please until specifically told otherwise.

Can anyone who is licensed and went through a regular contract/legal review shed some light on how you addressed these
issues?  Generally I would redline and/or attach an addendum, but the conversation that I have had with them was not
pleasant and didn't leave any warm fuzzies.  I can't help but feel that they are on the border of being hostile to work
with.

I look forward to any input that others may have.

Thank you and happy New Years!
-d

Denis Burns
Information Security and Privacy Officer - College of Medicine - Florida State University
(850) 644-3648 - denis.burns () med fsu edu<mailto:denis.burns () med fsu edu>

DO NOT provide your username, password, or any personal information requested by any email.
FSU/MED WILL NEVER ask you for your username or password via email.
DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you are positive the content is safe.