Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: A user granted with admin rights failed a phishing test

From: randy <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 14:50:10 -0500

I agree with Jerry. The purpose of phishing "tests" is to increase
awareness and not be punitive. Punitive actions will more likely cause
individuals to NOT report they clicked on a link. Admins can fall for
phishes just as easily as general users :-). I don't think they would get
their admin rights revoked. Establish a baseline, run your test during a
defined period of time (~1 month), measure your "hit" rate against your
baseline, rinse, lather and repeat.

-Randy Marchany
VA Tech IT Security Office and Lab