Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Who is using Passphrase over 16 characters

From: Alex Lindstrom <aglind () UDEL EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 10:27:29 -0400

We have a 12-character minimum with at least three character types being
required. We also reject upon creation any passwords that consist of a
common phrase or dictionary word or that match one of the user's last
several passwords.

That being said, we rely on two-factor as the real control, and all
students and employees are required to configure it. Even with education,
user password practices are not renowned for their security.

-----

Alex Lindstrom

IT Security Analyst II
UDIT Security | Governance, Risk, & Compliance

(302) 831-4823

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 10:15 AM Scott Hicks <