Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Incident response products

From: Julian Y Koh <kohster () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 20:50:21 +0000

On May 28, 2020, at 15:46, Burns, Denis <denis.burns () MED FSU EDU<mailto:denis.burns () MED FSU EDU>> wrote:

I hope that this finds everyone safe and healthy.  The FSU College of Medicine is currently evaluating three incident
response products to replace an implementation of PagerDuty.
  - AlertOps
  - OpsGenie
  - VictorOps

FWIW – some of the integrations that we will likely want/need/implement are Splunk, ServiceNow, Slack, Teams, Sophos,
and PRTG

Has anyone on this list had familiarity, or currently using one of these, and if so, would you be willing to share your
brief pro/con thoughts on it?

We use OpsGenie at Northwestern, integrated with our SolarWinds monitoring platform.  It works pretty well.  We are on
a basic paid plan that doesn’t tie into central authentication.  Good API integrations, and it’s been very useful with
respect to getting people to standardize on various practices like having a regular oncall rotation and escalation
processes.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2020 Ridge Avenue #331
Evanston, IL 60208
+1-847-467-5780
Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>