Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[EdTalk] - CARES Financial Relief Act, EDUCAUSE, NASFAA & CIO of La Salle University

From: Rosie Smith <rosie.smith () CAMPUSCONSORTIUM ORG>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 18:43:51 +0100

Colleagues,

Please join Megan Coval, Vice President for Policy and Federal Relations at the National Association of Student
Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA), Jarret Cummings, Senior Advisor for Policy and Government Relations at EDUCAUSE,
& Karl Horvath, Ph.D., Chief Information Officer at La Salle University on “CARES Financial Relief Act Explained by
EDUCAUSE and NASFAA”  - Tuesday, May 26, 2020, from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET.

Register here for free: [https://bit.ly/36kZPHh] (only 100 seats available – first come, first serve)
This EdTalk is free for all EDUCAUSE members. Vendors are also welcome.

Megan, Jarret, and Karl will discuss:
The federal government has sought to mitigate the worst economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic through an
unprecedented level of emergency funding. The largest of those measures to date included billions in aid to higher
education institutions and their students. Unfortunately, institutions remain confused about how we got to the aid
package we have, what they can use the aid for, which students they can award aid to, and what further aid may lie
ahead.

Why you should consider attending:
Join us as we unpack these issues to help you navigate the current context for federal emergency funding.

Past Campus Consortium EdTalks:
Cisco® [https://youtu.be/qR8GtMMBDFI]
Harvard University [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlhfZJo0xjY]
Stanford University [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ig4csc-q4]

Thank you.
Regards,
Rosie Smith | Manager, Community Engagement
Campus Consortium