Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Mac connection brokering solution

From: "Pete, Andrew" <apete () NEIT EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 13:13:10 +0000

I'm trying to find a solution that could be used to grant remote access for faculty and students to the Mac endpoints
in our classrooms.  We have a mix of software that can only be installed or accessed from our campus.  On the Windows
side, we have an existing Horizon deployment which has the ability to grant access to physical Windows machines but
this is not available on Mac OS.  I did some research last week and there appears to be a void in this type of solution
when it comes to Macs.  The closest thing that I could find was Aqua Connect which is a terminal server solution for
Mac.  We have some rather intensive applications and would need to grant faculty/students access to dedicated desktops
so a terminal server solution isn't going to perform well for our needs.

Andrew Pete
Information Security Architect

New England Institute of Technology
One New England Tech Boulevard
East Greenwich, RI 02818-1205
401-780-4460 (Direct)
apete () neit edu<mailto:apete () neit edu>

[NEIT_Full_Stack_H_White_BG_PNG1]