Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

What does it take to win an EDUCAUSE award?

From: Susan Grajek <sgrajek () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 13:20:26 +0000

It takes you.
No one wins an EDUCAUSE award without being nominated. If you’re wondering why any of our exemplary leaders hasn’t won
an award yet, it’s probably because they haven’t been nominated.

Why don’t you change that?
The deadline for submitting award nominations (March 16) is approaching. Please consider nominating someone for one or
more of our awards. (And, by the way, you can nominate yourself!) We’ve divided the nomination process into two steps
to make initial nominations easier.

You don’t have to be near the end of your career to win an award. There are many paths to an EDUCAUSE award.

The Leadership Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/educause-leadership-award> is our highest
recognition and honors exemplary leaders whose work has had significant positive impact on advancing the theory and
practice of information technology in higher education.

The Community Leadership Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/educause-community-leadership-award>
recognizes members for their roles as community leaders and active volunteers in professional service to the broader
higher education information technology community.

The DEI Leadership Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/dei-leadership-award> recognizes and
celebrates exemplary leadership in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community.

The Rising Star Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/educause-rising-star-award> recognizes rising
leaders in higher education information technology whose records reflects ongoing and exceptional growth in
contribution to the profession and increased levels of leadership and responsibility.

If you intend to submit a nomination and have questions or just need a bit more time to gather the materials needed,
let me know or reach out to awards () educause edu<mailto:awards () educause edu>.

Susan Grajek, Ph.D.  Vice President
Partnerships, Communities, and Research

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
1150 18th Street, NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20036
282 Century Pl # 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 202.331.5350 | main: 303.449.4430 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>