Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Ransomware Playbook

From: Kip Bates <kbates () HOUSING UCSB EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 13:34:08 -0700

Colleagues:

I am hoping that I can find someone or someplace that has made an effort to
develop a Ransomware Response playbook that they would not mind sharing. I
understand all the preparation that needs to occur prior to an attack but I
am looking for something that we can provide users, help desk folks,
technicians and such on what actions to take if (when) they experience a
ransomware attack. I have found a few on the web and I was wondering if
someone has adapted one of these for their institution or have developed
one that they think is particularly good.

Feel free to comment here or off-list.

Kip Bates
Associate Chief Information Security Officer
University of California, Santa Barbara