Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft LAPS

From: Clark Gaylord <cgaylord () VT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 06:48:57 -0400

Likewise: use it, love it, addresses big threat

Another nice touch: have a scalable way to give users and support desk
local admin account instead of domain account, reducing exposure.

We don't use it on things like single purpose dedicated web servers and the
like, where domain membership/domain admin is potentially more risk than
it's worth, but I'm curious if anyone has taken it to this extent.

--
Clark Gaylord
cgaylord () vt edu