Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [External] [SECURITY] Gmail confidential mode

From: "Napier, Mark E" <mnapier () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 20:15:31 +0000

I seem to have remembered reading something about the service some time back. Google very helpfully aided my memory by
putting the article I remembered reading on the first page of results. ;-)

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3272247/watch-out-for-gmail-s-new-confidential-mode.html

tl:dr: There are some serious “gotchas” with the service.

--
Mark E. Napier   MIS, CIPT
Deputy Director of Information Technology /