Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Awareness specifically for Higher Education

From: Robert Boissy <Robert.Boissy () SPRINGERNATURE COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 13:59:57 +0000

Cathy,

That is a very timely question, and one that Worcester Polytechnic Institute, the Boston Library Consortium, and my
publishing house Springer Nature are going to tackle in an information security summit on October 11 at WPI.

We have a keynoter who has been heavily involved with cybersecurity in both the corporate and higher education world,
and several other speakers.   Also a professor from WPI specializing in security issues on the open web.  The afternoon
features a panel with academic librarians from MIT, Boston College and UConn with a stake in information security at
their schools.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/information-security-summit-tickets-66569223339  Registration, breakfast and lunch are
free.  Those on this list and in the greater Worcester area on October 11 are more than welcome to register and
participate.

During this event, there will be components of many issues broached by REN-ISAC in their trainings, credentials
security, etc. but we will likely go farther towards information security with the intellectual property of the campus,
in terms of its own records, research and private information, and those information resources licensed by the campus
and secured within the campus network.  Sci-Hub will be in the discussion as we move toward campus-publisher relations
in the afternoon sessions.

I look forward to the general discussion you have invited on this list as well.

-Bob

---
Robert Boissy
Director of Account Development
Institutional Sales and Marketing

Springer Nature
1 New York Plaza, 1 FDR Drive, New York NY 10004
M  +1 (781) 244 7918
robert.boissy () springernature com<mailto:robert.boissy () springernature com>
www.springernature.com<http://www.springernature.com>
---

Springer Nature advances discovery by publishing robust and insightful research, supporting the development of new
areas of knowledge and making ideas and information accessible around the world. We provide the best possible service
to the whole research community.