Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cybersecurity Students

From: "Pete, Andrew" <000000d06e28c017-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 17:44:45 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I was brought on a little over a year ago to help improve the organization's overall security posture and build out an
information security program.  Historically, we have authorized our faculty to let students evaluate the security
posture of our infrastructure as part of their teaching efforts.  I have started an internal discussion around ceasing
these types of activities by faculty and students for security reasons.  I was curious what other institutions are
doing in regards to this area?

Thanks,

Andrew Pete
Information Security Architect

New England Institute of Technology
One New England Tech Boulevard
East Greenwich, RI 02818-1205
401-780-4460 (Direct)
apete () neit edu<mailto:apete () neit edu>

[NEIT_Full_Stack_H_White_BG_PNG1]