Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

SecureLink vs VPN for privileged vendor access

From: Colin Abbott <colin.abbott () MCGILL CA>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 18:55:48 +0000

Hi,

  As part of our Banner 9 transformation project we are engaging with Ellucian professional services to provide some
support. Their new model is that they are refusing to use a client’s VPN and instead forcing the clients to use
SecureLink. (https://www.securelink.com/)

A quick look at SecureLink it looks pretty interesting, especially the level of audit and notifications when vendors
access your systems.

Is anyone using this with Ellucian or has anyone implemented it as a solution for vendor access? Has anyone already
done an in-depth security assessment of the product?

Thanks
Colin Abbott, CISSP, CCSP | IT Security Architect  | McGill University | Network and Communication Services |
514-398-5070