Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

SPC possible Sun and Mon night outings

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 16:12:49 +0000

I’m looking to see if there is interest from others attending SPC in getting out of the hotel bubble to experience more
of Chicago. Here are two ideas I’m considering:

Sunday night – head to the north side to visit the famous Green Mill Lounge (http://greenmilljazz.com/) to see their
very popular Sunday night poetry slam. I’ve been told to arrive a bit early because it can get packed for the slam. I
have a recommendation from a friend to eat at the nearby Thai Pastry restaurant.

Monday night – head to the Empty Bottle (http://emptybottle.com/) a well-known very small music venue (rock dive bar)
for one of the Monday night free shows. It’s a few local bands that I know nothing about, but I enjoy visiting a
similar place here in Denver. It’s located in Ukrainian village and it looks like there are several restaurants within
a couple of blocks for dinner beforehand.

Both locations are a 5+ miles from the hotel, so we will have to catch rides. I don’t guarantee either will be your cup
of tea, I only promise a bit more adventure than the hotel lobby. 😊

If you have any interest in joining either of these activities, let me know. I’m hoping to do both, but I’ll see who I
can round up.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security