Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Transport rule to put a header on external email

From: Mandi Witkovsky <witkovsm () PFW EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 13:40:19 +0000

For those who have a rule set up to add a header to incoming external email, have you seen a decrease in security
events, or a corresponding increase in awareness?  Did you whitelist any 3rd parties that send on your behalf so that
the header doesn't appear?  Have you seen any pushback from people?  Thoughts on adding a header vs prepending
"EXTERNAL" or some such in the subject line?

We're looking into adding this, and I wondered what experience you all have had.

Thanks,
mandi