Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Risk Assessment Process/Tools

From: Richard Phung <richard.phung () SIMMONS EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 14:35:29 -0500

Greetings--
I am in the process of completing a Risk Assessment based on the
NIST-CSF-800-53 using CyberSaint (https://cybersaint.io).

CyberSaint is a web-based utility that consists of a series of forms and
the output is displayed in attractive-looking dashboards.
For each control, you assign values like... "None, Partial, Full" and
Liklihood/Impact low-medium-high, etc.. and it calculates the risk scores.

You can do things like "snapshot-in-time" or before-and-after.
Other features include a POAM/RA/SSP and executive risk report outputs,
some policy templates, and they support other control frameworks... ISO,
CIS, GDPR.

Frankly, it beats the heck out of doing this kind of assessment with excel
spreadsheets and calculated columns.

--RP

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 12:31 PM Barton, Robert W. <bartonrt () lewisu edu>