Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Internal Phishing Simulation Advice

From: "Valentijn, Ashley" <axv749 () MIAMI EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 15:57:54 +0000

Good morning,

We want to launch an internal phishing simulation in order to better train our employees on recognizing phishing
emails. Target participants are university faculty and staff.

Any advice, suggestions, and/or recommendations on how to successfully implement such a simulation would be much
appreciated. We are looking at possibly using GoPhish or Microsoft's new Phishing Attack Simulator.

Thank you in advance! Feel free to send me a direct email or I am also open to the possibility of a quick phone call.

Warm Regards,
Ashley Valentijn
Security Engineer
Information Security Office
University of Miami
P: 305-284-4582 | E: axv749 () miami edu<mailto:axv749 () miami edu>
<mailto:axv749 () miami edu>