Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Active Directory Lockout Log Tools

From: Kevin Kelly <kck () IAS EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 13:11:11 -0400

Justin,

Assuming your have auditing enabled for your domain, you could setup a task to email you whenever Event ID 4625 is logged into your DC Event Viewer.  Here's a quick video that shows you how to do that with PowerShell and Task Scheduler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-QaRyDksW0

A PowerShell script similar to the one below may also help you out:

PS C:\Users\blah>  Get-WinEvent -Computer localhost -FilterHashTable @{LogName="Security"; ID=4625} -MaxEvents 1 | % { foreach ($i in 0..20) { write-host $i, $_.Properties[$i].Value }; $_.Message }

Property 19 should be the IP address.

- Kevin