Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft MFA and Authentication FOBs

From: "Gomez, Joshua" <J.Gomez () SNHU EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 14:50:49 +0000

We use Microsoft.  For MS MFA, outside of using a mobile device, they can call a phone I have attached to the account.

I have recently purchased a YubiKey. It works with a bunch of different applications but for Microsoft it only
currently works with Windows 7, 8, 10 (per advertised on their website) but I think Azure AD is coming down the
pipeline1.

1https://www.yubico.com/2018/04/yubico-and-microsoft-introduce-passwordless-login/

Josh
Joshua Gomez | Consultant, Information Security
Information Technology Solutions
Physical Address: 1230 Elm Street, Manchester, NH 03101
Mailing Address: 2500 North River Road, Manchester, NH 03106