Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: MFA requirement for faculty

From: Cam Beasley <cam () UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:22:36 -0500

1 - yes for all central ID usage (for active faculty/staff/students) in all web services/applications — coming in
Spring (partially rolled already)
2 - yes, 30-days
3 - yes, we use this option for those scenarios (http://eproxy.utexas.edu/)
4 - see 3

~cam.

--
Cam Beasley
Chief Information Security Officer

On Sep 12, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Jackson, William <WJackson () FLAGLER EDU> wrote:

1.       No. Only staff and faculty accessing remote services must have Duo Security MFA. This is for the Remote
Desktop and VPN.
2.       No remembered devices allowed. The thought is that if the device is stolen the MFA protects the remote
assets.
3.       N/A
4.       N/A

William M. Jackson Jr.
Director of Network and Desktop Support Services

Flagler College

Office Line: 904.819.6310
Mobile Line: 904.814-7877
Email: wjackson () flagler edu

Support Line: 904.819.6293
Support Email: support () flagler edu
Support Page: support.flagler.edu

Follow us to stay updated on scheduled
downtime, issues & solutions, and more:
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Questions or comments about our service? Fill out our brief survey and let us know!

<image001.jpg>