Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: what host-based data is collected?

From: "Bridges, Robert A." <bridgesra () ORNL GOV>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 15:59:14 +0000

Bill,
Thanks for the reply! I’m a data analytics researcher w/ a background in math. All that is to say, I need a little more
detail to understand all you mentioned.

I’m not familiar w/ “RAT, recon, attack, takeover records”, nor “SNM, MIP traps”. Can you give me a bit more details?
As for the SS numbers, do you have a client that searches for PII on hosts and reports back?

Thanks again,
Bobby

--
Robert A. Bridges, PhD, Research Mathematician, Cyber & Information Science Research Group, Oak Ridge National
Laboratory