Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI Responsability

From: Carlos S Lobato <clobato () NMSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 19:28:11 +0000

At New Mexico State University, we have an official University Board called PCI DSS Compliance Committee with
representatives from Controller, Treasury, Merchants including University Accounts Receivable and IT representatives
from Networking, Applications, Systems and Security.  I am the chair of the committee and the committee reports
progress annually to the Chancellor of the University.  This works very well, has backing from Executive Administration
and compliance is taken seriously.

In my opinion, I don’t think is a good idea to have Finance or IT solely own it.  You the actual merchants involved as
they have to operate according to PCI DSS requirements and once they understand the requirements they will implement
them.  This is working very well for us.

Carlos

Carlos S. Lobato, CISSP, CISA, CIA, CPA
IT Compliance Officer (Chief Privacy Officer)

New Mexico State University
Information and Communication Technologies
MSC 3AT PO Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM  88003-8001

Phone: 575-646-5902
Fax: 575-646-5278

Email: clobato () nmsu edu<mailto:clobato () nmsu edu>
IT Compliance at NMSU - https://itcompliance.nmsu.edu/