Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Supporting police systems on your network

From: Allen Mundt <allenathome () SBCGLOBAL NET>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 20:58:23 +0000

Dr. Tabron,
The kind of access you are talking about is covered by FBI policy and is called CJIS - Criminal Justice Information
System.
The policy itself is not in any way classified, and is easy enough to find by doing a Google search of "CJIS version
5.6".  I am a member of a Local Government, and we have educational considerations, which is why I am a longtime member
of the Educause list.  I am the Information Security Officer at Waukesha County in Wisconsin.
How we deal with this is through our State DOJ.  If you would wish to contact me further, I have included my work Email
for further contact.
Best,
Allen

 _______________________________________________________________ L. Allen Mundt, MBA, CISM,  ISO Waukesha County "Being
heard is so close to being loved    that for the average person they are       almost indistinguishable."