Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Protecting Workstations w/ MFA

From: "Shen, Philip *HS" <PS7XJ () HSCMAIL MCC VIRGINIA EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:12:14 +0000

Hi,

Sorry in advanced if this seems like a repeat but it's different  Emily Harris from Vassar posted a similar thread back
in June Protecting Workstations with Duo.   Randy from VT mentioned using Yubikey standalone as 2nd factor (no duo).

We are going with Yubikey standalone to protect local accounts with admin rights.  We're using Dell KACE to deploy new
computers laptops and desktops.  We want to do a scripted install with yubikey for 2nd factor.  Has anyone done this
before?

Phil Shen BS, GIAC GSEC, ITIL
IT Security - University of Virginia School of Medicine