Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Dept of Edu Letters

From: Greg Jackson <gjackson () SDCCD EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:00:23 +0000

Since we’re off on a fun tangent: Actually Education Department is “ED”, both caps, in the DC vernacular. As David
points out, DoE is Energy. Every department gets to pick its abbreviation, and “ED” dates back to the creation of the
Department way back when.

▬▬▬▬▬▬ greg jackson
▬▬▬▬▬▬ sdccd.edu
▬▬▬▬▬▬ gjackson.us