Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

2018 Security Awareness Survey Now Open

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:36:20 +0000

Greetings,

Every year SANS takes a snapshot of the security awareness community with a survey. The survey is how SANS creates
their annual security awareness report. This free report enables you to learn the key steps to maturing your
institution’s awareness program and enables you to benchmark your program with others. In addition, a team of data
scientists from American University is dedicated to helping this project. The survey should only take a few minutes of
your time.

So, how do you benefit directly?

  *   Get entered in a raffle (hosted by SANS) to win the iPad of your choice.
  *   Get early access and regular updates to the analysis of the data and an early copy of the final report from SANS.
  *   Knowledge that you helped make a difference in the security awareness community.
  *   A new interface that actually makes surveys fun!

You can find the survey at https://survey.sans.org/jfe/form/SV_54PkzYsS0VtIwbH (through Sunday, December 17)

We’ve had great participation from security awareness professionals at colleges and universities over the past two
years and we hope to have plenty of responses on behalf of the higher ed sector for the 2018 security awareness report.

Please note: You are welcome to forward this message to the person who is responsible for security awareness on your
campus. If you have any additional questions, please let me know!

Thank you!
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

January 28, 2018 is Data Privacy Day!
Join the higher ed community as a DPD Champion. Follow #PrivacyAware for tips & resources.