Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: re-usable passphrase education resources

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 18:15:32 +0000

Hi Casey,

You may find some posters and other materials in our Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library in the Information
Security Guide. Most of the materials shared in the guide can be adapted for your institution:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Cybersecurity+Awareness+Resource+Library

We also have two guest blogs that provide suggested content and resources related to strong passwords and passphrases.
(These are part of our annual campus security awareness campaign. A new blog that’s part of the 2018 campaign will be
available next week, as well…stay tuned!)

·         Step Up to Stronger Passwords by Sandy Silk (Harvard):
http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2016/11/may-2017-step-up-to-stronger-passwords

·         Will Your Password Be Unbroken? by Ben Woelk (RIT):
http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2016/5/september-will-your-password-be-unbroken

·         More awareness campaign resources:
https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/awareness-campaigns

We also maintain a Pinterest board for Security Awareness and this includes posters and videos created by college
students:
https://www.pinterest.com/heiscouncil/security-awareness/

Finally, the National Cyber Security Alliance has a library with free resources (fact sheets, infographics,
logos/images, etc.): https://staysafeonline.org/resources/

I hope this helps!

Thank you,
Valerie