Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: URL's that have been blocked so far

From: Wendell McCarty <wendell () UKY EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 08:46:15 -0400

Please ignore the message I mistakenly sent to the educause Security list, it was meant for our internal Security
Distribution list.

--

Wendell McCarty

ITS Enterprise Security

University of Kentucky

(859)257-2200

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> on behalf of Wendell McCarty
<wendell () UKY EDU>
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 8:03 AM
To: <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Subject: [SECURITY] URL's that have been blocked so far

I have found the 3 URLS below so far in the “Emergency” spam emails.

All 3 have been blocked in the sonicwall.

I suspect that some of the compromised accounts that have been sending the spam fell victim to the spam and in turn
were/are being used to spam from.

That may explain why there have been so many accounts used.

If any of you see any new URL’s, let Michael or myself know and we’ll block them in the sonicwall as well.

Wendell

kyschoolsus.myfreesites.net/

helpdesk-uky.myfreesites.net/

helpdeskuky.000webhostapp.com