Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Update on the 2017 Security Professionals Conference

From: Brian Basgen <brian_basgen () EMERSON EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 18:38:56 +0000

Wonderful news, congrats to the program committee and EDUCAUSE for doing such a great job!

--------------
Brian Basgen
Associate Vice President for Information Technology
Emerson College
617-824-8186 | it.emerson.edu | @EmersonIT

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> on behalf of Joanna Grama
<jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 12:01 PM
To: "SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU" <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Subject: [SECURITY] Update on the 2017 Security Professionals Conference

Good morning Security Discussion list members,

Perhaps you have heard the rumor--We write to let you know that the 2017 Security Professionals Conference has sold out.

This is the first time in 15 years that our event has sold out. While we are excited about this year’s record
attendance, we have been quite busy working behind the scenes to ensure that registered participants have a wonderful
on-site experience.

We have instituted a waitlist for the 2017 event. If you have not yet registered and still wish to attend the event,
please consider adding your name to our waitlist. You can add yourself to the list on the conference webpage:
https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2017/registration

Note: We will contact you if space becomes available (please don’t buy airline tickets until you have a confirmed
registration and your name is no longer on the waitlist). Due to the waitlist and space constraints, please understand
that we will not accommodate on-site registrations at the conference this year.

Finally, we would appreciate it if you could help us out. If your plans change and you will not be attending the
conference, please cancel your registration promptly at:
https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2017/registration

This will help us accommodate your colleagues who are on the waitlist.

We know that this event is so successful because of the higher education information security community that supports
it. Thank you for your support of the conference and of the EDUCAUSE Cybersecurity Initiative.

If you have any questions about this message, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Valerie Vogel, Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

Joanna Grama, Director of Cybersecurity and IT GRC Programs

EDUCAUSE

Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good

282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027