Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Input on setting up a digital forensics lab

From: Robert Shoniwa <rshoniwa88 () GMAIL COM>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 04:30:12 +0200

Good day all,

I'm with a university in Zimbabwe that is offering a degree programme
related to Cybersecurity and we're looking to set up a digital forensics
lab (the first in our country) to supplement forensics related courses in
the curriculum. As a relatively young institute, I think we could benefit
from the institutes with experience regarding this.  My question is, are
there any possible suggestions as to ways (e.g. potential partnerships with
international commercial companies like Cellebrite) that can help reduce
the total cost of setting such a lab up at a public university?

Kind regards,

Robert Shoniwa
Head of Information Security and Assurance
Harare Institute of Technology