Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Password Vault Solutions

From: "Gregg, Christopher S." <csgregg () STTHOMAS EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 18:23:15 +0000

Hi,

We are evaluating password vault and privileged access management solutions at our university.  The primary goal is to
house IT service accounts and shared accounts with elevate privileges, but we are also considered expanded future use
such as possibly using such a solution to manage access to critical systems, and manage short term privilege
escalation.  We'd also be able to use the tools to better audit the use of these accounts.

After an initial set of product demos we are leaning towards Thycotic or ManageEngine Password Manager Pro.  Do any of
your schools have experience with either of these products, and would you be willing to share how your implementation
and ongoing use have gone?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Gregg
Associate Vice President of Information Security & Risk Management, CISO
Information Technology Services (ITS)
csgregg () stthomas edu<mailto:csgregg () stthomas edu>
p 1 (651) 962-6265
University of St. Thomas | stthomas.edu<https://www.stthomas.edu>

[University of St. Thomas : All for the Common Good]<http://www.stthomas.edu/e>