Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cloud Security Policy

From: Shaun Gray <SGray () MEDFORD K12 NJ US>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 10:06:17 -0500

Thanks for the response Jim. We have evaluated the hosting services and determined that from a security standpoint they
pass the test. We don't have a clearly defined policy for sharing information with other organizations outside of the
regulatory policies that apply to all institutions. I certainly don't want to take the same approach we use for local
storage policies and apply that to publicly accessible locations such as Google Drive. Right now any and everything is
allowed to be stored on Google Drive and we are looking to address storing sensitive information there.

Dr. Shaun G.