Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Baseline Controls Checklist for Project Management Office?

From: David Treble <David.Treble () UMANITOBA CA>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 19:40:02 +0000

Hello everyone,

We are in the midst of preparing some Information Security baseline controls for our Project Management Office to use.
We are wondering if anyone has a template or checklist they use for this purpose they are able to share.

Our goal is to get the PMO to be proactive with implementing controls early in the project process.   Based on the
checklist results we can then do a deeper dive on any gaps during the Risk Assessment process.  We have limited time
and resources, so our TRA's are often done in parallel to the design and build and while we try to get our
recommendations in early, the more guidance the PMO has out of the gate the better.

Thanks!

David Treble
IT Security Coordinator
University of Manitoba