Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Organizations residing on campus

From: "Drews, Jane E" <jane-drews () UIOWA EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 16:59:01 +0000

Mandi,

We have a few non-university organizations that operate on our campus.  If
they get network service, we require completion of a SLA (service level
agreement).  It is used for two purposes.  The first is to provide contact
information/procedures (both sides) in the event of a problem such as
network outage or a security event involving them.   The second is to
clearly state and agree that responsibility for security of their devices
rests with them.  (We will provide basic network service, but *NO* security
services, and accept no responsibility for regulatory compliance.)

Jane Drews

Univ of Iowa