Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Use of PIN for Self Service Password Reset

From: Steve Munson <smunson () MARYMOUNT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 17:52:56 -0400

Thank you for the responses. The PIN I am referring to is for the user to confirm identify so that it "can be used ad-nauseam to reset".

Steve

On 8/3/16 4:33 PM, Thomas Carter wrote:

In a past life in the corporate world, we used base 32 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base32) for easy OCR reading. The downside is communicating this to end users (I.E. the digit 1 will never occur because it’s too similar to the letter “eye” I.

Thomas Carter

Network & Operations Manager

Austin College